Monday, April 8, 2013

Finally...my Pebble emerges!

I just received my Pebble after a long wait and boy is it...interesting to use! I wrote about a lot of stuff in my 2-year Californiaversary blog post and one of the things I got to do while I was at CES, was check out the Pebble watch. I finally got mine and here's what the unboxing process looks like ->

 It's Time! For my Pebble to be unboxed...

Cute packaging with requirements and info....

Pretty spartan interior. It would have been nice to have a 2-page paper manual or something.

Once the app is installed on your phone you have to connect it.

Fuzzy time! 

Setting up the phone to work with the Pebble was relatively painless. The only issue came when I tried to give the Pebble access to read my +Gmail messages. It turns out that having 2-step verification (authentication) hurts the Pebble's brain, but one reddit user was able to figure out a work around: hurray reddit! 

Once I got that working the watch works like a champ. There's a few quirks and the device itself feels a little plastic-y, probably because it's made out of plastic. I'd love for it to be a bit more smooth around the edges, or made of metal to withstand normal wear and tear. Hopefully it will last for a while, I have a tendency to bump in to walls...


No comments:

Post a Comment