Sunday, April 1, 2012

1 Year Anniversary!

Happy anniversary to me! And happy April Fool's Day to you! Today marks the 1 year anniversary of
my moving out to California from Iowa. I remember it like it was only yesterday, my Altima was filled to the brim with my life's accumulation of crap. Since then much has happened! For example, that car is no longer with me, instead, I'm driving a brand new Kia Soul!
Alien Green 2012 Kia Soul
I've also gotten made into a cartoon, by an artist who I "met" while doing support for my company Backblaze and have since become "twitter friends" with! I've helped with our companies largest advertising campaign on reddit as part of World Backup Day (March 31st, backup your computers)! I've reduced the number of questions I ask at work from 20+ per day to about 4-5 per day (what I consider one of my greatest accomplishments). I have had the good fortune of representing Backblaze at conferences, conventions, and meetups.  I've found an awesome hot spring (Callistoga Hot Springs) less than two hours away from where I live! In addition to finding a hot spring, I've tried my darndest to find new restaurants, and continue my mission of seeing almost every crappy movie that comes out (I accidentally see some good ones as well).  I've explored San Francisco, gone down to LA, and have found time to keep on visiting Iowa as often as possible. I've also thought about getting healthier, which is a "step" in the right direction!

Oh, also I've launched a very successful website: www.yevyev.com, it has 4 views!

All in all it was a very good year and I'm excited to see where the next one will take me! Here's a few more pictures I've accumulated throughout the year!
I cooked this on my own! Yay! 



The End! 

More silly posts and reviews surely to come! 










1 comment:

  1. Driving a KIA soul? Way to mark your anniversary of moving to a new place. So much has happened back then, huh? I bet buying a new car was one of the most defining moments throughout those times. I hope this one lasts longer than your previous car. Drive safely!

    Micheal Miller @ Butler Kia of Fishers

    ReplyDelete